Friday, February 24, 2006

Car Problems

Ug. So, a month or so ago, I have Shawn take my car into the dealership cause it is having "brake issues". Well they drive it and keep it all day long and then call us and tell us that it is nothing. So we get the car back and it continues to do it. So a few weeks later I get so fed up with it, I call and talk with the Service Manager. He asks me to bring it in the next day and they keep it all day again. So, at least this time they find that the rotor is gouged really bad, so they want to replace them. They have to order parts. Ug. So, they call and want my car again yesterday. Had it a whole day again. So, now we are up to three days to fix a stupid brake problem. Then they had the nerve to call me and tell me that it is time for my 30K maintenance and they wanted $473 to do it. HELLO??? It is a freaking Honda. What the hell does it need? So, I told them that I couldn't afford it, but went ahead and replaced the cabin air filter and had the transmission service and the coolant service done for a discounted price of $190! Holy crap! They told me that I can come back and do the rest of the service when I have more time and $$, but they will need the car for an entire day again!

Also, I am looking into an extended warranty since my warranty is up soon. Anyone have any experience with them? It is "bumper to bumper" and has a $0 deductible, for $1350. It will last me till 100K miles. I will probably check with my step dad to see if he can get me one cheaper though. Any thoughts/ideas?