Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What would you do?

As many of you know, my birthday was on the 18th. My in-law's didn't call, didn't send a card, NOTHING. I have given it a week and a half now and still nothing. I am PISSED. Am I wrong to feel this way? They have always gotten me a card/gift whatever at Thanksgiving. This year nothing. DH told me it is because I didn't remind them, and wouldn't let him remind them. They have known me for 7 years, why is it our responsibility to remind them?

They were supposed to call us on Thanksgiving to set up a time to meet over the weekend so that they could see Chayleigh. My FIL called on Wednesday and said that he wanted to meet on Friday, but we already had plans. I suggested Saturday, but he said he would talk to MIL and call us back on Thanksgiving, but didn't. My DH keeps telling me that if they want to see Chayleigh, they will call. I however, hate uncertainty. I don't feel as though it is up to us to not let them know her, however I don't want them to hurt her like they hurt me. Where do you draw the line? If it were you, what would you do? I know I am over reacting with this (gee, me over react?), but I guess that I have nothing better to do with my time.