Friday, March 16, 2007

Thank Goodness for Google

Last night Chayleigh stuck a sticker up her nose. It was a big sticker and she shoved it way high in there. Of course I didn't notice it until she told me it was there. I looked up in her nose and couldn't see anything. So I went and got a flashlight to see up in there. Sure enough, there was something in there. Looked like a little spec, so I tried to remove it with the booger sucker. No luck. I freaked out and called my mom, who told me to call Ask a Nurse. While I was on hold, I googled it. Lucky for me, someone had a child who loved shoving raisins up his nose.

Her advice for removing foreign objects in a child's nose is:
1. Plug the nostril that doesn't have the object in it.
2. Blow a hard puff of air into their mouth.
3. Collect the object once it is blown out of their nose.

I did it and it shot out of her nose like a missle. Thank goodness for Google or I would have had a $300 ER visit.

Needless to say, she isn't playing with stickers again for a while.