Friday, January 19, 2007

Dieting

Well I am joining in on the diet craze for 2007. I decided that by the time I am 30, I am going to weigh close to what I am supposed to weigh. Therefore, I have a bit to lose. I am joining my friend Barb on the South Beach Diet. I started on Sunday and as of today, I have lost about 5 lbs. I bought a Weight Watcher's scale from Costco on Tuesday and since Tuesday I have lost the weight, so I guess that is a good thing, right? Anyway, the scale is pretty neat. It has the ability to track four different users and sets mini goals for you. It is nice to see you getting closer and closer to the mini goal. I am about a third of the way there, so that is great. And the diet is getting easier. Bad thing is, this will be my first weekend on the diet and weekends are pretty hard since we tend to eat out a lot. The nice thing about South Beach though is that it is pretty easy to follow and the food isn't "that" bad.

Todays lunch was:
Mock Mashed potatoes (mashed cauliflower, cream and spray butter) - not to bad
Spaghetti Squash
Chicken tenders (not breaded) and a slice of swiss cheese melted on it.

Dessert is a cup of sugar free jello.

Yep, we get dessert. That is the best part. Oh and the fact that I am eating tons and tons of food and still dropping weight! Just wanted to do a little update about how my life is going.