Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Red Crayon

And carpet don't mix. I got home last night and started picking up Chayleigh's toys and noticed that she had colored on our beige carpet with a red crayon. Being the Google Whore that I am, I immediately googled red crayon and carpet stain removal. It recommended using WD40 and then liquid dish detergent then rubbing with a towel until removed. Well note to self, don't improvise if you don't know what you are doing.

We didn't have WD40, so I used goof off. It got the stain out, but MAN the stench. So I used the liquid dish detergent. Well that got the smell out, but now I had liquid detergent in my carpet. Of course we don't have a steam cleaner or anything, but we do have a Rainbow.

I dumped huge cups of water on it and sucked it up with the Rainbow until it was no longer soapy. From start to finish, it took me about 90 minutes.

Good news is I got the stain out. Better news I got one hell of a work out. Bad news, while I was cleaning the carpet, Chayleigh attacked the kitchen vinyl with green and brown crayons. That I will leave to DH to clean.