Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Selfish??

I had a conversation with my Mom today about selling Chayleigh's baby stuff at a yard sale this summer. She proceeded to tell me that by making Chayleigh an only child I am being selfish. She said that I have no reason to feel as though she should be one. Then asked why I felt that way. So I let her have it. I told her that if she had to have a sibling like Shawn or I had growing up, then she is better off without them. That shut her up. LOL!

Seriously, why do people always try to "pressure" you into having more kids? How come it has to be plural? Although this is all going to be mute now after talking to Shawn more. I am pretty sure that he wants to have another child eventually. I guess now I just have to convince myself that it is the right thing to do.

Personally, I will be fine with Chayleigh being an only child. It means that I can give her EVERYTHING that she needs. She will be able to have everything that a child should have. I will be able to buy her a car for her 16th birthday and pay for her college. Although, realistically, if we have two, we should be able to swing it too, right??