Monday, May 22, 2006

Frustrated

I am so freaking frustrated with the neighborhood kids right now. We live in a subdivision and we are the only house on a straightaway between two huge cul-de-sacs. For some reason, that makes all of the kids between the ages of 6 and 16 want to play kickball, baseball, soccer, etc in front of our house. They are constantly running through our yard with their bikes or just on foot, they play tag and crap in there too. They rip up our bushes and our grass and they bounce their damn balls off our garage and now our roof. We have tried talking to them and their parents, but no one seems to care. Tonight I got fed up with it and after they purposely hit their basketball into my window and my roof, for the 6th time, which is how I know it was purposely, I went out and took the damn ball. I took it outside to the back yard and then threw it over the fence into the back yard of the neighbor boy who is the instigator of it all. Of course they all went and told their parents that I took their ball for no reason and they sent two of the dads over to “threaten” me into giving it back. I finally told the last dad that I threw it back into the yard of the owner and if he would EVER go in there, he would have known it. I am tired of them ALWAYS hitting my house and their parents not caring. Any suggestions? I want to move, but I can’t afford it. Even if we could, I think that it is crap that I have to move rather than have them learn respect and stay off my property. Am I wrong to feel this way? What would you do? This is pretty much an every day occurrence and it goes on until about 10pm every night. The parents have no regard for their kids and it is driving me nuts. They are always waking Chayleigh up by hitting the ball into the house by her window. Is it right for us to have to deal with this? I just don’t know what else to do!! Please tell me what you would do!!