Thursday, February 08, 2007

529 Account

So we belong to Upromise for Chayleigh. It is a great program. The only issue I had with it was that we already have a 529 so I didn't want to set up a new one. So I called them a few weeks ago and asked if I would ever get the money out or if it just sat there. They told me I could request a check in writing and that in 12 weeks they would send me a check. Nice deal considering it is totally free money. I opened the mailbox today and there was my check for $188.05. It was less than a month ago I requested it, so that is pretty neat. Now I just need to cash it and transfer it to the real account. LOL. If you don't already have an account set up for that, I really recommend it because it is so easy to use. Especially for those of us who live to buy online. Oh I have the Mastercard and I run pretty much all of the bills we have a month on it, so that helps to build up the savings too.